Alka super submersible bush (bush running under water) is water lubricated and designed specially for excellent performance in submersible pumps, motor and other hydrodynamic conditions. It is specialized plain and counter thrust bearing made using patented materials and processing techniques that is internally lubricated low friction polymers.
Alka super bearings give excellent wear in harsh, wet, dirty or unlubricated conditions. It gives continues performance in 225ºC, many advantages over traditional bearing materials such as bronze, acetal, nylons, nitriles, rubbers, elastomers, phenolic and laminates, (whether dry or lubricated).
The internally lubricated long life bearing material that has been proven in thousands of critical applications. Originally developed to overcome bearing problems caused by water swell of traditional non-metallic bearing materials. It is ideal for water lubricated bearings.
These bearings are ideal or dry startup conditions like initial running of pump and so on. Considering its specialty of running wet and dry, it has application in many places of pumps and alike machines.
1. Seal protecting bush for closer running clearances ensures longer life of the seal arrangement.
2. Line shaft pump bowl bush runs even dry when started and stopped. And can be lubricated with process water with dirt. Closer running clearances means less shaft run out and less vibration.
3. Suction/ Discharge Casing bearing (bush or counter thrust bearing). This also can be lubricated with process water.
4. Impeller support wear rings (neck-ring) with close running tolerances ensured high pump efficiency.
5. Wet motor bearing bushes for water/ glycol lubricated motors (submersible wet motors).